Hiv Aids Treatment : One Person Has Been Cured

Hiv cured with Bone marrow transplant

Hiv Aids Treatment : One Person Has Been Cured
Aids Virus

 


At the beginning of the epidemic, immune suppression followed by a bone marrow transplant from a donor HIV-negative was proposed as a possible way to get rid of CD4 cells infected by HIV; an American activist even tried to transplant bone marrow from a baboon. A few people with AIDS who received bone marrow transplants before the advent of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) had undetectable HIV levels after the procedure, but over time the virus returned.

In 2007, French researchers reported on a man with HIV who were taking HAART and had an undetectable viral load in their blood before receiving a bone marrow transplant. After transplantation, ultrasensitive tests found no genetic material of HIV in more than one million cells tested. But after the man had to stop taking antiretroviral therapy due to drug toxicity, both viral load in blood and HIV proviral DNA in cells once again it became detectable.
 

immunosuppressive therapy for Hiv


However, in a case that quickly made headlines news, infected by HIV in Berlin man who stopped ART after a bone marrow transplant has remained virus free for 38 months, according to the most sensitive tests available. CD4 cells from the patient themselves seem to have disappeared entirely, presumably due to immunosuppressive therapy used, and replaced by cells produced from donated bone marrow.2

The researchers who conducted the operation and monitoring have now pronounced the man cured of HIV infection, but the procedure used in this case is unlikely to be possible in many people due to very grueling course of chemotherapy, and CCR5 -matched need for a matched bone marrow transplant.3

Hiv Aids Treatment : One Person Has Been Cured

Researchers do not yet fully understand the reasons for this result; many features of the case shown in research to provide partial explanations. For example, the marrow donor had a rare genetic variation (one homozygous mutation CCR5-Delta32) resulting in a complete absence of co-receptors CCR5 on donor immune cells (and thus the "replacement" cells of the transplant recipient ). Despite the lack of co-receptors CCR5 protects these cells from infection by R5-tropic virus does not explain why not become infected with X4-tropic, which must still be susceptible to viruses, and had been identified in the recipient prior to transplantation.

Despite this and other unanswered questions, researchers are beginning to explore how CCR5-deficient cells can be transferred to patients or donors created through gene therapy techniques.

2 comments:

  1. My Name is Vaneysia, and am really grateful and thankful for what Dr Abuya has done for me and my family. I Was having HIV/AIDS for good three years with no solution, the diseases almost took my life and cause I was unable to work and I was also loosing lots of money for medication, but one faithful day when I went online, I met lots of testimonies about this great man so I decided to give it a try and to God be the glory he did it. he cured me of my diseases and am so happy and so pleased to Write about him today. if you need his help of you also want to get cured just the way I got mine, add him on whatsapp +2348156769001 or contact dr Abuya via e mail, dr.abuyaherbalcure@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear friends, How can I explain this to the world again that there is a man who can cure HIV/aids I was HIV over since 5year I have being into HIV drug I can’t anymore I decide to look for help then I found post by miss randy write about this great man dr.alimo telling people about how this man have cured her HIV I don’t believe that, because all I have in mind is HIV had no cure, thank god for my life today am HIV negative through the power of dr.oba contacted this man for help because who write about him drop an email of the man I pick the email and emailed him for the cure this man told me what to do about the cure well, am from england this man cast a curing spell on me and he told me that he will call me after the cure is done truly he did I was cured for 45mins spell what a wonderful man this DR. if you need his cure just Email him now ( drobaspellhome902@gmail.com) thank you once again the great dr. for what you have done for me, if you are out there, since passing through any of this problems listed below: 1) If you want your ex back. (2) if you always have bad dreams. (3) You want to be promoted in your office. (4) You want women/men to run after you. (5) If you want a child. (6) You want to be rich. (7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever. (8) If you need financial assistance. (9) Herbal care (10) if you want to cure your HIV (11) If you want to cure your cancer (12) if you want to cure any disease just contact him now with this Email drobaspellhome902@gmail.com or call +2347063592030 or thanks dr

    ReplyDelete